"If I could store time in a bottle..." - Jim Croche.
Our lives are glimpses. The colors of sunset swirl past us in seconds. The symphony moves across our heart like a wind across the golden summer wheat never to return the same. Each note, like the dew at dawn is there for but a moment and gone. Some mourn the passing and try to recreate it. Others are ravished by its splendor transformed by its touch. The sunset lavished is now part of them. The notes of the symphony secreted in the soul did not leave them as it found them. It is simply "too sweet to exhale."
Photographers tip toe into this holy and hidden place laden with grace. They are grasped by the wonder of the moments passing by. They step into its flow as a stream on a hot summers day. Their shutter, like a dove to its roost does fly... seeking the embrace of desitny.
Later in time these hidden moments startle us when we gaze again upon a two dimensional photo. Suddenly the silent secret whisphers in our mind as the glimpse unfolds anew. We melt at the touch, the taste, the sound, fragrence, beauty wash over us again and again. Photographs are like this... capturing a glimpse as Heritage and Destiny kiss. Thus Legacy is born.
After 30+ years of marrage I carry a picture of my bride in my arms "in the dawn of courtships ray." It was our senior prom. I look upon it... and see her today with the same eyes of wonder... "That such a one should be created for me..." Passion washes over me as in my youth. I find there is no time as I step again into the steam without begining or end. This is the gift that I would give to all grooms to be lavished upon their brides to the end of the world. Amen
Mark Jordan - Photographer by Day - Poet & Prince of Paupers by Night.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment